Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy new year 2007

I hope the year 2007 will treat all of you nicely.

Hello from Dublin. Today is 1st January. The weather in Dublin is absolutely horrible (almost always, anyway). It is definitely not the sign of whatever comes in 2007. Just relax.

According to Analitics, there were 3 people visited my site on the new years eve. Wow. I know it is such a small number of people, but I was expected "none".

Well, anyway I will continue to update my diary from time to time. Not as often as my Japanese page. Why? Because ever since I changed my job in May, I became extremely busy (excuse, excuse).

My page is owned by google as you might have guessed. Good things about google page and google blog is that there are no banner ads, and also no limit of file memory. Google will probably run until I die, thats another good point to have one's own page (sometimes some free sever itself disapears overnight).

Now negative thing about this service is that there is not much freedom to do a lot of things on your site. For example, you can not upload files via FTP which is critical for me. Or there is not much pre-loaded feature such as calender, labels (category), PHP capability.

So I was thinking to rent a server and to leave google soon.

Recently I found a post on bloggers page.

"We’re excited about the new version of Blogger, both for what it can do now (which also includes access control for blogs and better input fields for post dates) and what we’ll add to it in the future, now that we have a new, stable, powerful infrastructure to work with. We’re done with “beta,” but we’re far from done with the new Blogger."

...they can read my thoughts??

I have already got a new sever, but never mind. I like overall Google project. So this page will stay the same another while...

No comments: